E-Type Series 2 Roadster
- • A full engine rebuild was completed at 58,000 miles.
- • Compression tested in May 2020 and the results were excellent of 145 to 150 psi across all 6 cylinders.
- • Great oil pressure.
- • New Dayton center laced chrome wire wheels and new 205/70R15 tires.
- • The car is solid with no rust. New floor pans and rocker panels were installed before the car underwent its color change from red to black.
1969 Jaguar E-type Series 2 Roadster
We are thrilled to offer another gorgeous Jaguar E-type for sale. This beautiful 1969 Jaguar E-type Roadster was built on September 1st of 1969 and the date of dispatch was September 9th 1969. The original owner purchased this car from a dealer new in Fairfax, VA. He was a Four Star General and owned the car from 1969 to 2014. The car was then sold to the second owner in New Hampshire and in 2018 this special car went to its third owner in Texas. We bought this car in early 2020 from the third owner and have since done several improvements to this Jaguar. It is currently finished in the striking color combination of black with new biscuit interior. This wonderful XKE has invoices going back to handwritten correspondence between the original owner and the dealership where the car was purchased new. The first service record is at 1,000 miles and has all maintenance records from new. The car currently has 78,239 original miles since new. Furthermore, this E-type comes with a Heritage Certificate to confirm all numbers match. Further details of work which that has been completed and information on the car are as follows:
• A full engine rebuild was completed at 58,000 miles.
• Compression tested in May 2020 and the results were excellent of 145 to 150 psi across all 6 cylinders.
• Great oil pressure.
• New Dayton center laced chrome wire wheels and new 205/70R-15 tires.
• The car is solid with no rust. New floor pans and rocker panels were installed before the car underwent its color change from red to black.
• The front and rear suspension was taken apart and rebuilt which included new bushings, bearings, shocks and brakes.
• The clutch has been replaced with a new clutch kit.
• A stainless steel exhaust has been installed.
• Powder coated exhaust headers have been installed.
• A new Retro radio with Blue tooth connectivity installed.
• Brakes recently gone through.
• The complete biscuit interior is new.
• A new canvas soft top and canvas convertible top boot has been installed.
• Gauges rebuilt by Nisonger.
• The cooling system was upgraded with an electric cooling fan.
• Valve covers polished and powder coated.
• Intake manifold polished.
• New air cleaner assembly.
• Carburetors polished.
• Recent oil service with spin on oil filter assembly.
• All upper and lower ball joint replaced.
• A new and original style Moto-Lita 15” steering wheel was installed.
This Jaguar E-type runs and drives excellent. The gears shift very smooth with no noises coming from the synchros. In addition, the clutch is very easy to engage and does not slip or shutter. Also, the oil pressure is excellent at idle and driving speeds. The temperature holds and the car remains cool thanks to the electric fan running with the ignition. Overall, this is a wonderful driver/show car which can be enjoyed. It is certainly one of the most stunning and eye catching e-types we have ever owned.