E-Type Series II
- This stunning 1970 Jaguar E-type Series 2 Roadster was built on October 31, 1969. It was dispatched on November 18, 1969. . This was previously refinished in the original color of Silver Grey at around 56,000 miles and interior was recently redone in black with all new carpets and upholstery. This XKE currently has 57,028 original miles and is a matching numbers Jaguar E-type as per the Jaguar Heritage Certificate. Some of the upgrades and work that been completed recently are as follows:
- • Triple SU carburetor conversion completed.
- • Stainless headers installed.
- • Carburetors completely rebuilt.
1970 Jaguar E-type Roadster offered with low mileage, triple SU carbs and more.
We are pleased to offer another beautiful Jaguar E-type. This stunning 1970 Jaguar E-type Series 2 Roadster was built on October 31, 1969. It was dispatched on November 18, 1969. This was previously refinished in the original color of Silver Grey at around 56,000 miles. This XKE currently has 57,028 original miles and is a matching numbers Jaguar E-type as per the Jaguar Heritage Certificate. The previous owner had this car for 14 years. Some of the upgrades and work that been completed recently are as follows:
• Triple SU carburetor conversion completed.
• Stainless headers installed.
• Carburetors completely rebuilt.
• New head gasket.
• Engine head completely rebuilt with new valves.
• New upper radiator hose
• New front breather gasket.
• New water pump installed.
• New rear bumper seal.
• New heater core.
• New exhaust mounts.
• Performance exhaust installed previously with original style resonators. It sounds great with the headers and mufflers.
• New battery installed.
• Engine detailed with carburetors and intake polished.
• New valve cover gaskets and valve covers refinished.
• Rear cage mounts replaced.
• New upper and lower ball joints installed.
• New outer tie rods replaced.
• Alignment completed.
• Oil and filter changed.
• Transmission fluid service. Drain and refresh fluid.
• New 15” Moto Lita steering wheel installed and new center cap.
• New chrome knock offs installed.
• New air cleaner assembly installed.
• Interior redone recently with new seat covers, carpet, door panels and hardura. Also a canvas new soft top was previously installed.
• Adjustable front shocks installed.
• New Dayton chrome wire wheels and tires previously installed.
• Electronic ignition installed.
• Slave cylinder and master cylinders replaced for both clutch and brakes.
• We invested close to $10,000 recently to make this car an excellent driver.
• Compression tested warm on 1/27/2020 and the results were excellent of 140 to 145 psi on all 6 cylinders.
This car is a great driver that is ready to be driven. The gearbox is silky smooth and the clutch feels nice and tight with no slippage. Furthermore, the engine is strong with good power as the triple carburetors provide for a bit more. The interior seats are very comfortable and supportive. Overall, this Jaguar is an absolute blast to drive for anyone who is looking for Jaguar E-type to actually enjoy as a wonderful driver/show type of car.